Well itâ€™s my turn to cook and this time I’m doing England. There was no doubt what I was going to make for our main course. We both had beef Wellington for our main course at a party at the beginning of the year and both really enjoyed it. Now for pudding, my favourite has always been Bakewell tart yet I’ve never tried to make it. With regards to a starter, I struggled to find something suitable, the reason being that a lot of traditional English starters are seafood or fish based such as prawn cocktail, scallops or salmon and neither of us like seafood or fish. Other traditional starters are pate and Kenny doesn’t like pate, so the only thing left was for me to make a soup. I do love a good leek and potato soup, itâ€™s a soup where you have to get the right balance of ingredients to get the perfect flavour and I’m pleased to say I think I actually cracked it.
This was quite an easy one as there are a wide selection of traditional English ales available in the shops and they were all on offer at 3 bottles for Â£4. Â As everyone knows, England is well known for real ales so we could have chosen from a vast selection, however I decided to try and find something typically English.
So I chose a couple of bottles of Wells Bombardier and a bottle of Marston’s Pedigree both of which went down very nicely.
Finding a movie made and set in England isnâ€™t difficult, but finding one that we wanted to watch and hadnâ€™t seen was a bit more tricky. In the end we settled for â€œThis is Englandâ€, which I thought was a rather appropriate title for the eveningâ€™s entertainment.
- Anthem – God Save The Queen
- Mike Townsend – Tea For Two
- Mike Townsend – Singing In The Rain
- The Clash – London Calling
- The Beatles – A Day In The Life
- The Small Faces – Lazy Sunday
- Rod Stewart – Maggy May
- Led Zeppelin – Stairway To Heaven
- David Bowie – Suffragette City
- Eric Clapton – Cocaine
- The Police – Roxanne
- George Harrison – Got My Mind Set On You
- Peter Gabriel – Solsbury Hill
- David Bowie – The Jean Genie
- John Lennon – Imagine
- The Beatles – Norwegian Wood
- The Rolling Stones – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
- Led Zeppelin – Rock And Roll
- Ian Dury and The Blockheads – Hit Me with your Rythm Stick
- The Sex Pistols – Anarchy in the U.K.
- The Beatles – Hello Goodbye
- Dire Straits – Southbound Again
- Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
- The Who – My Generation
- The Who – Teenage Wasteland
- The Smiths – Panic
- The Sex Pistols – God Save The Queen